Message by Adebimpe Aanuoluwa
Text: Genesis 1: 11–13, 26–27; 2:4–7; 1John 3:9.
The right understanding of divine mandate for man will give him a right standing and the power to withstand vices that oppose him on earth. God created everything on earth with a purpose and when the correct perspective of such purpose is being impressed on our heart, we tend to live at our maximum capacity and die empty.
The Creation story is inexhaustible but the Holy Spirit illuminates our hearts with perfect understanding as we carefully study the account recorded in the Bible. The book of Genesis opens with a sharp contrast between Heavens and earth. God in his infinite power created both realms as He chose to be silent on the description of the Heavens while He focused on earth.
In Genesis 1:2, the earth was described as being void, without form and darkness was upon the face of the deep. Then, God called forth light which illuminated the entire landscape and brought life to earth. God did called things that were not as though they were and in verse 11, “And God said, let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind whose seed is in itself upon the earth and it was so”.
Based on the knowledge of Agricultural Science, we know that a farmer cannot plant maize and harvest orange because the cotyledon (life) in maize can only produce its kind. So also, everything (grass & herbs) that was called forth carries seed of its own kind which is the life that resides in its fruits. This insight of common fruits, seeds and plants He created provoked the desire to know what sort of kind was MAN in the beginning. What seed (life and nature) was placed in MAN at the beginning that also has the capacity of bringing forth its kind?
In Genesis 1:26–27, “And God said, let us make man in our image, after our likeness and let them have dominion over the fish...So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created he him, male and female created he them”. From these verses, we can observe critically that MAN is in God’s own design and fashion. This is because the seed in each fruit bears the life of the tree and also produces its own kinds, its flavour, its taste, and its exact image.
Consequently, suffice to say that an image means the exact kind, life, character of seed that lies in something being planted which brings forth such sameness.
A QUICK INSIGHT INTO WHO MAN REALLY IS
1. MAN is God’s own seed that bears God’s own fruits. The image of God is His life and nature, so He planted this nature into MAN in order for man to be like Him. Therefore, MAN is God’s replica on earth.
2. MAN is made by God to be a god to all other creatures. MAN in the beginning bears God’s characters, God’s gene and His DNA. So, at outset, all that man exhibit is totally godly. He talked, walked, sang, felt and saw like God, his maker. MAN is God’s exact person on earth to reign on earth dependently on God.
3. MAN carries God’s identity and spiritual features or attributes because God is Spirit. John 4:24. He perceives and feels exactly like God will do.
4. In Genesis 2: 5c, “And there was not a man to till the ground. “ In this context, MAN is God’s workmanship on earth to push his agenda. Ephesians 2:10.
5. MAN is God’s outstretch arm to establish His kingdom as it were in Heaven.
6. In Genesis 2:7, MAN is the product which God formed with His own hand. So, he is God’s own creative idea, God’s creative substance, sculpt, carved and moulded to conform to his image. He is wonderfully and fearfully made. Psalms 139:14.
Let us consider 1John 3:9, “Whosoever is born of God does not commit sin: for His (God’s) seed (life, nature) remains in him and he cannot sin, because he is born of God”. KJV (Emphasized)
“The person who has been born into God’s family does not make a practice of sinning because now God’s life (nature, seed) is in him; so he can’t keep on sinning for this new life has been born into him and controls him – he has been born again”. (Paraphrased)
Herewith, we find out that;
7. MAN is a child of God whose life is devoid of sin because God seed remains in him.
8. MAN also carries the life of God and the new life (the new birth life) controls him through the works of the Holy Spirit. Galatians 2:20.
Brethren, in the light of the above Biblical description of who a MAN that God created is; Are you a real man or you are just living for yourself? Is God’s seed formed in you? Are you truly born again and living for God, because the sons of God live for Him and Him alone? Ask yourself these questions and sincerely answer them.
Finally, Pray to God if you’re not born again. Confess your sins and ask Him for forgiveness and invite Him to come into your life. If you are born again, congratulations; but, ask Him for grace to be steadfast in His love.